8/4/10

Me.

for SS.


I'm not you. Nor am I the girl you now hold close to you late at night. I'm not the color of sunshine, who talks of changing the world. I'm not the color of love, or lust, or even jealousy. I'm not what you call 'broken'.
I am your vision. I am your drifting thoughts through the night. I am made of pain and guilt. Dead, the day you walked out the door and left me with nothing but the darkness to occupy my heart.
I'm not her because you wouldn't let me. You wouldn't let me stay next to you to count the days until death came for us. But if you had, it would have cast its long shadow on day and night, wrapped in each other's arms. Wrapped up in each other's hearts. Until our threads of time came tumbling down, with the slightest push, to reveal his scythe
And the years would have had us, day after day, more content with each other and the experiences we drank up.
But I'm not you, or me, or her. I am pain and guilt and time. The remaining shards of your life and mine, and the monuments we had built. I am gone.

2 comments:

  1. There is real passion and emotion here Brianna -great stuff..and thanks for your visit..Jae

    ReplyDelete