8/11/10

Half way.

I would like to sit you down, half way on your lap, half way standing up, and half way tell you I love you. I would like to say "I love...", and see if your arms or eyes tighten, then end as if I meant to say I love the fall. Or how I love the beach, or sunrises or the way the world keeps turning even when you have nothing to live for.

But I would like to tell you, that I love your eyes, and how I half way stare at them and try to decipher the emotions you keep hidden so deep. I would like to say that I love your body, and the way that your limbs sway together when you walk. Or your long torso and how you always seem so stiff. I would like to whisper that I would love to be the one to make you and your mask fall. I would love to be the one you let in.

I would half way meet you in the middle, and have you kiss me first, so I knew I was allowed, following what would happen.

I love the music you make me want to play, and the things you make me want to say. I love that half way close to you is never enough for me.

3 comments:

  1. There is a poignant sadness to this piece. I wonder what He thinks about the "I" in this piece. It would be fun to hear him talking about his "you". Go on you can do it. I want the other half of the story as this made me want more of your writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, I will work on the other half, and post it soon. (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very nice piece of writing... enjoyed it much :)

    Thanks Brianna.

    ReplyDelete